Skip to content

Hire us from the comfort of your own home. Call now at 330-792-6611.

Click here to read about our COVID-19 Response.


“Should I get an attorney? HMMM….” Your Common HMMMS… Answered

If an Ohio employee is injured within the course of employment, he or she is generally not allowed to sue their employer for personal injury.  Instead, the injured employee needs to file a claim with the Ohio Bureau of Workers’ Compensation (BWC).

  • Could my claim expire if I don’t act soon enough?

Yes. Workers’ compensation claims are subject to a statute of limitations. One needs to be aware of them so that the claim does not expire.  The statutes of limitations may differ depending on the type of claim.

  • What should I do if I have an older injury?

When you wait to file a claim, you are delaying the benefits you deserve to cover your medical expenses and missed earnings.  Report your accident; seek medical attention; and contact HMMM to make sure that your claim is filed before the statute of limitations deadline.

  • What am I entitled to?

You may be entitled to money that neither your employer nor the BWC will inform you about. We will advise you about what other payments or benefits you deserve.

  • How long does worker’s compensation take?

This will depend on your situation/issue.  Remember that all cases are different, so please talk to your attorney about this to get a better understanding.

  • How much does this cost?

Your attorney only gets paid if you win your case.  They will receive a percentage of any settlement or award that you receive from workers’ compensation.

  • Can I go back to work?

We want to get you back to work on your own terms.  You can go back only after your physician of record releases you for regular duty or light duty (if available).

  • Do I have to be at my hearing? What will I have to say?

Many workers’ compensation claims are settled, but others require a formal hearing before a hearing officer in order to be resolved.  We will always keep you informed, if you need to be there.

  • Can I see another doctor on my claim?

Yes, you have freedom to choose your own doctor. You can choose another doctor that specializes in the treatment of injured workers.

  • What are my rights if I have been terminated?

There are a variety of protections from being fired that Ohio law affords employees.  It is important to discuss your options with an Ohio disability lawyer as soon as possible.

Featured and Honored

  • logo-workers-compensation-certified-specialist
  • logo-ohio-academy-of-trial-lawyers
  • ncssr-logo
  • martindale-rating-full
  • avvo-logo
  • lawyers-logo
  • ohsba-logo
  • super-lawyers-logo
Free Case Evaluation (330) 792-6611

Our Ohio Office Locations

Six Locations to Serve You