Get Our Experienced Team’s Help After A Back Injury
Back injuries can result from a wide variety of serious accidents: falls, slips, trips, car crashes and more. Whether your accident resulted in a fractured vertebrae, a herniated disk or another form of damage, you have the right to seek compensation if another party’s negligence contributed to your injury. Let Heller, Maas, Moro & Magill Co., LPA, help you by seeking compensation for your damages.
For more than 30 years, our caring attorneys have helped back injury victims who endured serious accidents. We do not hesitate to take on complex, difficult cases if it means helping you get your life back together. Turn to our Ohio-based team to advocate for your rights after a back injury.
What Are My Options For Compensation?
You might have more than one option for financial recovery when it comes to your back injury. Your options could include:
- A personal injury claim: If the negligence of an individual or a company caused your injury, you can seek a settlement or an award through a personal injury lawsuit.
- Workers’ compensation: Were you injured at your job? Workers’ compensation benefits can cover your medical bills, lost income and other damages.
- Social Security Disability: If a back injury has left you with a disability, you can seek government assistance via Social Security Disability benefits.
Our team has handled all these avenues for our clients. We will explore your options, explain your rights and help you recover as much compensation as we possibly can.
Signs Of A Back Injury
It is far too common for someone to write off the signs of a back injury as just the result of sleeping in a funny position or maybe sitting in their chair at work for too long. Back injuries present many different signs, such as:
- Pain or tenderness
- Bruising or swelling
- Inability to stand straight or move properly
- Muscle spasms
These injuries can even present pain in seemingly unrelated areas, like the legs, chest or stomach. It is important to not underestimate any kind of pain or discomfort you are experiencing, especially if it lasts more than a day.
Most Common Types Of Back Injuries
Some types of back injuries are more common than others. Recognizing these injuries and their symptoms can help you get the treatment you need to recover from them. Some common examples include:
- Sprains often present a “pop” sound when they initially happen and result in difficulty bending paired with increased pain with certain movements
- Herniated discs often leave someone with arm or leg pain, weakness in their muscles, and a sensation of numbness
- Broken vertebrae comes with extreme senses of pain in the back, hunching the injured person over. This injury can also cause a person to lose a notable amount of their height.
If you suspect that you are suffering from a serious back injury, do not hope things will improve by ignoring the problem. Your back is one of the most commonly used parts of your body, and a worsened condition can leave you with a lifetime of complications and problems.
Ask How We Can Help You – FREE Consultations
The life-altering devastation of a back injury cannot be overstated. Learn more about how our lawyers can help you by calling us toll-free at 330-974-1231 or by using our online contact form. We offer free initial consultations and we work on a contingency fee basis – you do not pay any fees unless we recover compensation for you.