Joseph A. Moro
- Workers' Compensation
- Personal Injury
The son of a Youngstown steelworker, Atty. Joseph A. Moro is acutely aware of the challenges that working people face and the dire impacts that injuries and impairments can have on them and their families.
"I think I identify with a lot of our clients because of my own background, coming from a blue-collar family," he says.
In addition to being raised in a blue-collar family, Atty. Moro has his own experience working in the steel mills. He spent his summers during his undergraduate college years at Youngstown State University working at Republic Steel Corp. as well as at the General Motors' Lordstown assembly plant.
He knew then that he wanted to be a lawyer, and after getting his B.S. degree from Youngstown University in 1981, he enrolled at the University of Cincinnati College of Law. He received his J.D. there in 1985 and worked for a year in a law firm and another year in the City of Youngstown's Law Department before joining this firm in 1987.
From the start, his practice has focused on workers' compensation claims, but he has also been a trial lawyer handling both workers' compensation appeals and personal injury cases. Over the years, he has obtained a number of favorable jury verdicts on behalf of his clients.
To Atty. Moro, the greatest professional rewards come from being able to help people put their lives back together following oftentimes devastating setbacks.
- University of Cincinnati College of Law, Cincinnati, Ohio
- J.D. - 1985
- Youngstown University
- B.S. - 1981
- Ohio, 1985
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit, 1986
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Ohio, 1986
- Winters v. General Motors
- Hartson v. Infocision Management Corp
- DeSimio v. Eaton Corp
- State ex rel. Armstrong Steel Erectors, Inc. v. Indus. Comm. 144 Ohio St. 3d 243, 2015 Ohio 4525
- Named as an Ohio Super Lawyer by Super Lawyer Magazine
- Member, OCCHA (Organizacion Civica y Cultural Hispana American, Inc.)
- Board of Directors, OCCHA
- City of Youngstown’s Law Department
- Ohio Association for Justice
- Ohio State Bar Association
- OAJ’s Workers Compensation Section, Past Vice-chair and Past Chair
- Ohio Association for Justice, Past Member of Executive Committee
- Regional Representative for OAJ for the Youngstown-Warren area
- OSBA Workers’ Compensation Specialty Board, Member
Current Employment Position