C. Douglas Ames
- Social Security Disability
- Workers’ Compensation
On December 31, 2014, Atty. C. Douglas Ames retired from full-time status at Heller, Maas, Moro & Magill Co., L.P.A., and we were very sad to have him go. However, Atty. Ames does visit us occasionally to cover Social Security and Workers' Compensation hearings and do some legal writing. It is always a pleasure to have him back in the office and he does a great job for our clients as he has done throughout his legal career.
My youth consisted of an impoverished background growing up in southern West Virginia. I then spent 30 years working on the assembly line for General Motors. With my background I am drawn, as a lawyer, to representing clients who have suffered from workplace injuries or who are unable to work because of physical and/or mental impairments. In representing each client, my goal is to get the maximum benefit or compensation to which each claimant may be entitled.
- University of Akron School of Law, Akron, Ohio
- J.D. - 1991
- Kent State
- Major: Education
- Ohio, 1992
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit
- Ohio State Bar Association, Member
- Trumbull County Bar Association, Member
- National Organization of Social Security Claimant Representatives (NOSSCR), Member
Current Employment Position
- Staff Attorney